19990330: NMC2 feed MRF grids

>From: Robert Mullenax <address@hidden>

>Sorry for the confusing question here.  I am referring to
>mrf_grid002 and mrf_grid003.  I should not write these
>questions late at night..
>
>I did a gdinfo and I show only 858 grids for 99033000_mrf_grid003.gem.

Robert,
you are missing most of the data- which explains why you are having
trouble plotting it. When you can, please set up your new machine to
send stats from the LDM so I can see what kind of latencies you
are getting- ost likely that is where you are losing the data.

If you pick a glevel where you have both u and v, say glevel=850,
gdattim=f000, then you should be able to plot the WND vectors.

I don'y find PMSL in the file, so that explainns why you can't
display that.

In general, you will expect grid003 mrf to decode to ~350Mb and
grid002 will be ~90Mb.

Steve Chiswell
Unidata User SUpport