19990320: dattim string in sfgram

Maureen,

Bingo! The time string in one of the routines in sfgram is too short
to handle a fully expressed dattim. When abbreviated to just
DD/HH-DD/HH-0100, then the string is short enough to bypass the problem.

You can fix this in:
$GEMPAKHOME/src/programs/sf/sfgram/sfxdat.f

In the CHARACTER definition line, change time*20 to time*72, eg:

        CHARACTER       timfil (LLMXTM)*20, time*72, tstrt*20, tstop*20,
                                                 ^^
The dattim string being passed into the routine is allowed to be
up to 72 characters- so the copying of dattim to time in
the subroutine call ST_LCUC(dattim, time, ier ) causes the
timestring to get truncated.

After editing the above routine, you can rebuild with:
cd $GEMPAKHOME/src/programs/sf/sfgram
make clean
make all
make install