19990305: boundary layer winds and GARP

>From: weather <address@hidden>

>I have been using McIDAS to look at 30mb above ground level winds
>from the Alaskan ETA.  When I try to use GARP nothing is produced.  This is wi
> th
>pagl and 30;0 and wind_kts.  Using gdwind I get input grid cannot be found
>with gvcord=pagl, glevel=30, and gvect=wnd or obs.  Same thing with
>continental US eta.  Where have I gone wrong?
>
>Thanks,
>Robert Mullenax

Robert,

For glevel 30:0, gfunc=obs, in garp, you need to click
on the "layer" radio button.

When clicking on the "wind" vector function, it sets the plot
type to level by default which grays out the level 2 button.
Clicking on the layer button should activate level 2 which
is needed to use glevel=30:0.

In any command line program it would be glevel = 30:0, instead of
the semi-colon which you show above.

Steve Chiswell