19990303: GARP map background defaults

>From: Anthony Rockwood - MSCD Meteorology <address@hidden>

>Chiz,
>
>Thanks, that worked fine.  Now, where do I find the default map scale
>settings used by the various models ?  For instance the MRF defaults to
>the CONUS scale and I'd like it to come up in the North American.
>
>Tony

>   Anthony A. Rockwood              Metropolitan State College of Denver
>   Meteorology Program              Dept.of Earth and Atmospheric Sciences
>   303.556.8399                     P.O. Box 173362, Campus Box 22
>   address@hidden                Denver, CO  80217-3362
>   http://www.mscd.edu/~eas         http://clem.mscd.edu/~rockwooa

The map areas are defined in $GARPHOME/config/Garp_defaults

The areas and projections are defined followind the MapGarea section.
The definitions consist of the model key (as used in the menu section at the
top of the file, and  the _proj and _garea strings.

For example, if your model key is "mrf" then

mrf_proj : str/90;-100;0
mrf_garea : 10;-130;50;-30

If there is no entry for a given model key, then the default_proj and
default_garea are used.

Steve Chiswell