19990211: dcwatch again...

Maureen,

I think that the line wrapped in your earlier email at:
http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/glimpse/gempak/2731
so, ignore my comment about not sourcing Gemenviron and
finding the bridge.a library.

At any rate, it looks like your compiler is upset with the -w flag
that the previous person put in the Makeinc.sol definitions
(I do not distribute the source with that flag- but it should be
a valid flag for the /opt/SUNWspro/bin/cc compiler to supress
warning messages).

Its possible that you don't have the right cc compiler in your path.

Type: which cc
if it returns something like /usr/bin/cc, then that is the old
out of date compiler bsd compiler. You need to have
/opt/SUNWspro/bin in your path before /usr/bin so that the cc
compiler in that directory will be found.

Verify that you have /opt/SUNWspro/bin/cc, and if you do,
add that infront of your current path with:
setenv PATH /opt/SUNWspro/bin:${PATH}

If you don't have the Sparcworks compilers installed on that machine,
then that would be the cause of not being able to compile too.

Steve Chiswell
Unidata User SUpport