19990211: NWX on mclap

>From: Anthony Rockwood - MSCD Meteorology <address@hidden>

Tony-

>I've been meaning to ask you about this.  I haven't been able to get NWX
>running right on mclap.  When I go to select a certain product, I gives me
>'no data available', so I don't think I'm connecting to the right file
>over on wxbox.

Sure, give me a brain teaser.  I looked at all the configurations,
environment variables, etc and as far as I could see, everything was
set up correctly.  I brought in the big guns (Chiz) and he was stumped
for a little while, then asked if the time was correct on mclap.  I ran
the date command and noted that the time is still set as GMT from when
it was an OS/2 system even though we set the timezone to Mountain when
we installed Linux.  If you click on the Yesterday button in nwx, you
will see that you can access "old" data.  Resetting the time will make
it so you can see the current data when it is available.  So, all you
need to do is reset the date/time on mclap to local time.

You can run the command (as root):

rdate -s wxbox.mscd.edu

and that will reset the date to what wxbox has.  I tried this on
winfo2 so it should work.

Count that day lost you learn nothing new. ;-)

Don