When:  Wednesday evening (exact time unknown)
From:  128.117.130.4
To:    128.117.140.3

Important notes:
-  If you specify host entries by name (e.g. iddb.unidata.ucar.edu), and not specifically by IP address, you do not need to take any action; DNS will work its magic and handle this for you.

-  If you are feeding from iddb.unidata.ucar.edu, at the time of the change-over you should be transitioned over seamlessly.  This is of course assuming connections to the new IP address are allowed at the network level.

-  The IP addresses for idd.unidata.ucar.edu and iddc.unidata.ucar.edu will remain unchanged.

-  It's worth mentioning that while we try to keep these IP changes to a minimum, they can happen from time to time.  Fortunately, there are a total of four IP addresses we use across our idd, iddb and iddc nodes.  If you for whatever reason need to whitelist specific IP addresses, these four will keep you covered throughout any similar transition we make:

128.117.130.3
128.117.130.4
128.117.135.3
128.117.140.3

We expect the vast majority of our users will not notice any interruption.  If however you do experience a service interruption, or if you have any questions in these regards, please feel free to write to us at address@hidden.

Best,
-Mike

Mike Zuranski
Data Engineer II