[CONDUIT #EKQ-308585]: GFS data problem

Hi,

re:
> We are again experiencing incomplete GFS data issues. Are you aware of any
> problems?

We have noticed that there have been unusually high latencies from one of the
CONDUIT source machines at NCEP:

https://rtstats.unidata.ucar.edu/cgi-bin/rtstats/iddstats_nc?CONDUIT+conduit.unidata.ucar.edu

In addition, we see that there are periodic high latencies in the feed to
ldm.dri.edu:

https://rtstats.unidata.ucar.edu/cgi-bin/rtstats/iddstats_nc?CONDUIT+ldm.dri.edu

Even though the latency signature for the feed from your upstream,
idd.unidata.ucar.edu, occasionally exceeds 3000 seconds, I would not expect
that you would not get all of the CONDUIT data eventually.

Can you check your system and report back some metrics that should help
us to better advise you on possible remedial actions that you should take:

- LDM queue size

  The easiest way to get this is to run 'ldmadmin config' as 'ldm'.

- the age of the oldest product in the LDM queue during the period(s)
  of maximum latency and then after the latencies have decreased
  significantly

  For instance, the CONDUIT latency plot for ldm.dri.edu shows
  latency peaks every 6 hours, and these correspond to the volume
  peaks in the feed.  Based on the latencies for yesterday, it is
  likely that the next peak will occur around 16 UTC today.  If
  you could check to see what the time of the oldest product in
  the LDM queue at the next peak and then 1.5 hours later and
  report the finds back to us, it would be most helpful

  <as 'ldm'>
  pqmon

  The age of the oldest product in the queue in seconds is the last value
  in the 'pqmon' listing.

- check your LDM log file to see if there are any messages that (more or less)
  read 'processed oldest product'

Ticket ID: EKQ-308585
Department: Support CONDUIT