[CONDUIT #PSV-472915]: GFS 0.25deg

> Hi,
Hi Mark,

Since SUNY-Albany has been an LDM/IDD participant for years there is
the instance:

        install.atmos.albany.edu [6.10.1]

That is currently ingesting the CONDUIT feed (which the .25 deg GFS is in).

Looking at the volume currently being ingested by "install" it does not look
like it is currently getting the full .25 deg GFS..we see spikes of 20GB/hour
for the full CONDUIT feed, and "install" is peaking at 10GB/hour.

I will make the assumption you know Kevin Tyle, who administers this machine.

address@hidden

That machine is currently "allowed" to feed the entire CONDUIT from:

idd.meteo.psu.edu

> We would like to be able to use our LDM server as a downstream server
> in the IDD to receive NCEP GFS 0.25 deg model data.  What is the
> process/procedures for doing that?

So all you need is a request line..

<unless you had a different machine in mind, still best to work w/Kevin, it is
in the universities best
interest to only bring one copy of the data onto campus, then fan out whithin
the campus>

Here is our post regarding how to configure your request for your needs:
http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/blogs/news/entry/gfs-0-25-176-model

Please let us know if you need further assistance.

> Thanks!
>
> Mark Beauharnois
> Senior Programmer/Analyst
> Atmospheric Sciences Research Center