[CONDUIT #WFV-393598]: Update to our LDM access to conduit.ncep.noaa.gov

Hi Art,

re:
> We are progressing with the upgrade to our networking capabilities and this
> requires an address change to our ingest servers. Our existing servers
> requesting
> data from conduit.ncep.noaa.gov are:
>
> idd-ingest.meteo.psu.edu 128.118.64.134 (primary ingest server)
> iddrs2a.meteo.psu.edu 128.118.64.143 (backup ingest server)
>
> We would like to replace these with access allowed from the following two
> servers:
>
> 192-5-158-42.rn.psu.edu 192.5.158.42 (primary ingest server)
> 192-5-158-45.rn.psu.edu 192.5.158.45 (backup ingest server)
>
> The backup server would generally only pull data when the primary server is
> down.
>
> Could you pass this request along to the right people at NCEP to effect this
> change?

I am CCing the NCEP folks on this reply, so they will see your request.

Questions:

- what is the time frame for your network upgrade

- will you be able to handle the increased CONDUIT volume that will result
  from the addition of the 0.25 degree GFS data to the datastream?

  Discussions we have been having internally and with NCEP folks, and
  requests for the 0.25 degree GFS data from CONDUIT users, has strongly
  suggested to us that the best way forward is to:

  - have all of the 0.25 GFS data added to CONDUIT as soon as possible

    Limiting the data to a subset of the forecast times would require
    development of code/procedures to modify the existing work flow.
    The delay that this would cause would delay the availability of the
    data into the summer.

  - advise sites that can not handle the volume increase change their
    CONDUIT REQUEST line(s) to request the fraction of CONDUIT that they
    can handle

    This includes CONDUIT relay sites.

There are currently two top level CONDUIT relay sites that can handle the
increased data volume that will result from the addition of the 0.25 degree
GFS data, Unidata and UIllinois.  You (PSU), UWisconsin/AOS and TAMU have
indicated be able to handle the volume in the not too distant future, so
moving forward with the addition should not cause too much negative impact
on CONDUIT data delivery.  Please let us know if you think that this is not
the case!

Ticket ID: WFV-393598
Department: Support CONDUIT