[CONDUIT #JEJ-490593]: replacement of 0.5 deg GFS with 0.25 deg in CONDUIT?

Hi David,

Tomorrow, January 14 the 0.25 deg GFS will become operational, and, therefore,
be
available to be added to CONDUIT. Because of this we have some questions for
sites
that relay CONDUIT to others...

Questions:

- what is your position on replacing the 0.5 deg GFS in the currently
constituted
  CONDUIT datastream with the 0.25 deg GFS?

- will your IDD relay machine be able to handle the 0.25 deg GFS data?

  Our experience is that the 0.25 deg GFS volume is on the order of 20 GB
  for each run.

- what is the current size of your relay machine's LDM queue, and can it
  be increased?

We will be putting together a survey for the CONDUIT using community in
the near future, and we will be asking end-users if they want and can
handle the 0.25 GFS data. We wanted to contact top level CONDUIT relay
sites in advance of this survey to make sure that the increased data
can be relayed reliably to end-users.