[CONDUIT #PGY-808322]: Upcoming NCEP CONDUIT maintenance

Hi Carissa,

re: next round of outages on Jan 25-27
> Sounds good. Let us know if there are any issues. We will send you a
> reminder about this when we get closer.

I just tried setting up a redundant CONDUIT feed from conduit.ncep.noaa.gov
on the Unidata machine that is currently REQUESTing CONDUIT from
ncepldm4.woc.noaa.gov,
but the attempt failed.  I am guessing that the problem is that the firewall
that controls inbound port 388 access (i.e., feed REQUESTs) to your
conduit.ncep.noaa.gov cluster is not yet configured to allow the current
set of top level IDD relays (if you recall, you had to get someone to open
up the access for the machine we have been testing the new feed setup on,
lead4.unidata.ucar.edu).

So, the request to you for Monday morning is to have your network folks
open up incoming port 388 traffic to conduit.ncep.noaa.gov for all of
the Unidata community machines that are currently getting data from
ncepldm4.woc.noaa.gov.  As soon as this is done, I will send an email
to the LDM/IDD administrators at those sites advising them to setup
redundant CONDUIT REQUESTs.

Becky asked:
> Have you had enough time to look at the feed to declare the NCWCP
> CONDUIT systems operational?

Yes, modulo the few products that are available from ncepldm4.woc.noaa.gov
but not from conduit.ncep.noaa.gov.

re:
> We would have you pull from both as we did
> with Silver Spring/Boulder, but if we determine NCWCP is ready for
> operations, we could discuss the possibility of adding data to the NCWCP
> CONDUIT stream.

OK, this sounds good.  We will know for sure that things are solid
when the ncepldm4.woc.noaa.gov machines become unavailable and data flows
only from conduit.ncep.noaa.gov.  If the schedule stays as is, this will
be a week from tomorrow/Sunday/Monday.

> We would not be able to add this data to Boulder till
> the 2015 time frame, but your folks might prefer to get that data as
> often as they can get it, as opposed to never at all.

I agree that folks will want to get access to new datasets sooner than
later.

Ticket ID: PGY-808322
Department: Support CONDUIT