[CONDUIT #NLP-275663]: SREF upgrade testing

Hi Carissa,

re: nice to "meet" you
> You as well!

By the way, cool name 'Carissa'...

re:
> I will send a note to the WOC admins asking to pull an LDM out of the
> pool as well as ensuring your IP's are configured. If they are able to
> get the LDM setup for us I can start working on this with you Monday if
> that is alright.

Monday is fine.  I only mentioned being able to do things earlier if that
fit your schedule better.

re:
> I have a few details on our side that I need to get
> straightened out before we start. But as early as tomorrow I should
> probably have all the SREF details lined up so you all can decide what
> should be put in.

Sounds good.

re:
> I have a slight sidebar question from the SREF. Since we are talking
> CONDUIT...and have talked about our impending upgrade to the CONDUIT
> servers...I wanted to ask if we should configure LDM with the
> --with-gribinsert option? We were wondering what this option provides us?

The LDM configure option '--with-gribinsert' simply sets up building
of 'gribinsert' along with the LDM.  The addition of 'gribinsert' to
the LDM distribution was done to simplify the build process of 'gribinsert'
(meaning easily follow the build procedure for the LDM version it
is linked against).  We also felt that other folks running an LDM might
want to take advantage of 'gribinsert' capabilities.  So, yes, you
should build 'gribinsert' along with the current LDM.  If possible,
it would be a useful test to do this on the CONDUIT toplevel that will
be dedicated to the testing referred to above.

Ticket ID: NLP-275663
Department: Support CONDUIT