[CONDUIT #UEX-825742]: Re: [ldm-users] 20120424: upcoming RUC2 -> RAP change in CONDUIT and NGRID

Hi Dan,

re:
> What I have heard is that the transition on NOAAPort will be much like the
> transition from the ETA to the NAM.  The grids, model number, content, etc
> would stay the same.  We just know that when it happens, the output will be
> from the RAP, not the RUC.  Nothing in the grid will tell us.

That is our understanding also.

re:
> One thing I did hear is that the low resolution 80km RUC grids will go
> away.  There will be no 80km RAP equivalent.  Other than that, everything
> else should be transparent.
>
> Can someone confirm this?

I will send a note off to Becky Cosgrove to see if she knows the answer to
this question (if she doesn't she will likely know who does).

Ticket ID: UEX-825742
Department: Support CONDUIT