Re: [conduit] CONDUIT changes for NAM 40KM grid 212 implemented

On Wed, 2007-10-17 at 09:41 -0400, Geoff DiMego wrote:
> Steve - it appears by dropping awipak (#216) and grbgrd (#104)
> you've dropped support from NAM for Alaska & Canada since awip3d
> is grid #212 which covers only CONUS.

Geoff,

We haven't dropped the AWIPAK or the GRDGRD  grids. The reminder
announcement was that the duplicate GRIB1 version of these files
was being removed. The GRIB2 version of these files has been included
on CONDUIT for the past 2 weeks. Users continue to have access to both
the AWIPAKand GRBGRD data in GRIB2 format on CONDUIT. This is in
response to the transition of all grids on the ftp servers from GRIB1 to
GRIB2. The GRIB2 data has been posted for users to prepare their codes
for quite some time, and we are using a 2 week overlap period as well
for users to prepare their tranition on CONDUIT. Once the transition of
remaining GRIB1 data sets on CONDUIT is complete, we will be able to
consider adding other data sets given that the GRIB2 transition is
reducing the current data volume. The AWIP32grids are available as
GRIB2, but first we have to transition the GRID3 and GRID2 GFS grids
from GRIB1 to GRIB2, allowing for a 2 week overlap with both data sets
being sent. After that extra volume is removed, then new additions can
be made

Steve Chiswell
Unidata User Support

--