Re: para products being sent in CONDUIT

Steve,

The GFS para was inadvertent and we will take measures soon (today) to stop this.

For the grib1/grib2 conversion. I believe we have all data sets available in both formats at the WOC. If you provide a desired schedule, we'll work with you to make it happen.

Joey

Steve Chiswell wrote:
Joe / Paula,

I was out of town for the past 2 weeks (in OC Maryland) and during this
time, the parallel run gfs files stared to appear in the CONDUIT data
stream:
data/nccf/com/gfs/para/gfs.*

Was this inadvertent? I know we were waiting to hear from the TIGGE
group
about some addded parameters, but those wouldn't be in this data set I
assume.
If possible, can the insertion pattern for the gfs data sets be
tightened up to
exclude these products?

Also, now that the grib1->grib2 date is official, I will want to
coordinate with
you on replacing existing grib1 data sets being sent with grib2. Do you
have dates this fall that you would prefer or need to avoid making these type
of changes?
We are generally talking about the NAM data sets being sent. We already
have RUC 20km being sent in grib2 as well as the GFS 0.5 degree, so
eventually we
would just stop the grib1 RUC products, and then possibly convert the
1.0 degree GFS with the grib2 files being produced (though we'd poll the
users since that would essentially be a duplicate of the 0.5 degree
dataset already being sent).

Thanks,

Steve

begin:vcard
fn:Joe Carr
n:Carr;Joe
org:National Weather Service;PMB/NCO/NCEP
email;internet:address@hidden
title:Acting PMB-Dataflow Team Lead
tel;work:301-763-8000x7709
version:2.1