CONDUIT feed changes

David and Pete,

I need to coordinate a change in your LDM request lines so that we
can implement the extended forecast output for the GFS0.5 degree and add
GRIB2 RUC files (which provide additional hourly forecast hours).

I would like to enact the change after the 12Z 0.5 degree GFS run has
propagated
 (eg after 1700Z) and would like to know if you can  implement the LDM
restart on Wednesday Aug 9.

The change required will be:

Current request line to tgsv32:
request     CONDUIT     ".*"     tgsv32.nws.noaa.gov

New request lines:
request     CONDUIT     "ST.opnl"     tgsv32.nws.noaa.gov
request     CONDUIT     "nccf.*prod/(gfs.*pgrb2|ruc2a.*grib2)"
ncepldm.woc.noaa.gov

The effect of the restriction of the tgsv32 to just the ST.opnl will
remove the feed of the ST.opnt  0.5 degree products. All other products
from TGSV32 are ST.opnl. I will
coordinate with NCEP/NWS afterwards to actually remove the 0.5 degree
products from being inserted on TGSV32.

The request line for ncepldm will receive the GRIB2 format 0.5 degree
gfs files and the grib2 ruc2a files.

We are not removing the 1 degree GFS files which was a primary user
concern voiced, nor are we removing the GRIB1 RUC files, so users do not
have to worry about changing their processing of those products. The
GFS0.5 degree products will have a different naming convention that
users will have to adapt their pqact actions for. The additional
forecast hours in RUC GRIB2 should be a carrot for GRIB2.

The additional data volume will be 32 additional GFS 0.5 degree files @
39MB per file ~= 1.25 GB per run (~5GB additional data per day), and
253MB per synoptic RUC run max ~= 5.5 GB GB/day additional RUC GRIB2
data.

Please let me know if you can implement this change and any concerns on
timing
or data relay.

Steve Chiswell
Unidata User Support