[Support #XCT-844349]: EDEX Server

Hi there,

Sorry for the delayed response.

> What are the limitations on the AWIPS data received via the EDEX server?
> Can we, WeatherBug, use AWIPS data received via the EDEX server within our
> App?

The main limitation of the products and services offered by Unidata are they
are non-operational. They are
intended primarily to support the academic sector and those users, but are
still offered freely to the
general public.

If you are wanting to use an EDEX server to drive your app, I might suggest
downloading and running an
EDEX server of your own, so you can tailor the data and remain in control of it
in case of any critical
times or data outages.  It's also possible you could use some other data server
other than EDEX for your
app. If you could provide a bit of detail behind why you're wanting to use
EDEX, then we might be able to
offer some suggestions.

Thanks.

--Shay Carter

She/Her/Hers
AWIPS Software Engineer
NSF Unidata

If you're interested, please feel free to fill out a survey about the support
you receive:
https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSeDIkdk8qUMgq8ZdM4jhP-ubJPUOr-mJMQgxInwoAWoV5QcOw/viewform

Ticket ID: XCT-844349
Department: Support AWIPS
NOTE: All email exchanges with NSF Unidata User Support are recorded in the
Unidata inquiry tracking system and then made publicly available through the
web.  If you do not want to have your interactions made available in this way,
you must let us know in each email you send to us.