[AWIPS #HGM-823461]: Display Preferences

Hi there,

> Although the skew-t and hodograph are displayed relatively well, the panels
> along the bottom row are too small
> to display the entire graphic (e.g., the bottommost row of the derived parcel
> measurements is cut off). Also,
> the text for the titles of most panels is too large to be legible (e.g.,
> "Effective Bulk Wind Difference
> (kt, Yaxis)" is overlapping "Effective-Layer STP (with CIN)”).
>
> I believe that if I could somehow decrease the font size of all information,
> the legibility of data would improve.
>
> Thank you again for your help.

Okay, yes I see what you're referring to now.  Unfortunately, I don't think
that part of the display is configurable
at this time, which is quite annoying, I agree.

There is one thing that *may* help.  If you click on that bottom row, and
scroll in (and then wait a little because
it takes a bit to respond) the view will actually zoom in on those graphs and
charts.  Then you can click and drag
to move them around to see more.  The huge pain with this though, is it still
only uses that small bottom row space
under the Hodograph.  I've attached shots zooming and moving the Theta-E vs
Pressure graph to show you what I mean.

If you want to reset the view, click the "Nsharp" button at the top toolbar to
open the NSharp configuration tools,
and then select "ResetDisplay".

I think this is something we could potentially improve in our NSF Unidata AWIPS
builds.  Unfortunately, our team is
right in the middle of developing the next major release of AWIPS, that would
move us away from RHEL7, which is our
top priority because CentOS7 is reaching it's end of life in a few months.

I will add it to our list though, and if we're able to get back around to
improving it after our next major release
I will be sure to let you know.

Thanks!
--Shay Carter

She/Her/Hers
AWIPS Software Engineer
NSF Unidata

If you're interested, please feel free to fill out a survey about the support
you receive:
https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSeDIkdk8qUMgq8ZdM4jhP-ubJPUOr-mJMQgxInwoAWoV5QcOw/viewform

Ticket ID: HGM-823461
Department: Support AWIPS
NOTE: All email exchanges with NSF Unidata User Support are recorded in the
Unidata inquiry tracking system and then made publicly available through the
web.  If you do not want to have your interactions made available in this way,
you must let us know in each email you send to us.