[AWIPS #VEE-485227]: Cloud Edex

Hi there,

> It will be regionalized for the southern plains (Texas Region, FWD WFO), 1 -
> 2 users, Radar, MMRS,
> Lightning, Surface Obs, Satellite. Lightly on the modeling, it would be
> mostly for real-time
> weather observations and alert monitoring.

If that's the case, I think you could get away with one, relatively powerful,
machine.  Our main EDEX
server is a virtual machine with 64 VCPUs and 250GB of RAM, and 3TB of disk
space.

I think you could probably get away with about half that, maybe something along
the lines of:
- 40(ish) CPUs
- 120 GB RAm
- 1.5TB of disk space

What exactly do you mean by "alert monitoring"? Having the ability to see
watches, warnings, and
advisories when they come out and co-located with other data?  Or something
else?

Thanks.

--Shay Carter

She/Her/Hers
AWIPS Software Engineer
NSF Unidata

If you're interested, please feel free to fill out a survey about the support
you receive:
https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSeDIkdk8qUMgq8ZdM4jhP-ubJPUOr-mJMQgxInwoAWoV5QcOw/viewform

Ticket ID: VEE-485227
Department: Support AWIPS
NOTE: All email exchanges with NSF Unidata User Support are recorded in the
Unidata inquiry tracking system and then made publicly available through the
web.  If you do not want to have your interactions made available in this way,
you must let us know in each email you send to us.