[AWIPS #HRM-616770]: Adding shapefiles to AWIPS

Hi there,

> Let me know if you find anything that can help for the structure of those
> files.
> It would be great if we didn't need to reproject the shapefiles but there
> might not be a way around it.

Okay yes, I will definitely get back to you if anything changes.  However, I
can tell you the earliest I'd be
able to look into improving the GIS import in CAVE would be this summer, most
likely.

One other idea...is it possible to change the default output of Arc?  Perhaps
you can change the default way
they're saved, and then you won't need to reproject again to get into CAVE?
But, that may affect other things
if you're using those files for other workflows I suppose.
--Shay Carter

She/Her/Hers
AWIPS Software Engineer
NSF Unidata

If you're interested, please feel free to fill out a survey about the support
you receive:
https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSeDIkdk8qUMgq8ZdM4jhP-ubJPUOr-mJMQgxInwoAWoV5QcOw/viewform

Ticket ID: HRM-616770
Department: Support AWIPS
NOTE: All email exchanges with NSF Unidata User Support are recorded in the
Unidata inquiry tracking system and then made publicly available through the
web.  If you do not want to have your interactions made available in this way,
you must let us know in each email you send to us.