[AWIPS #MFK-232481]: CAVE Connection

Hi there,

Thank you for using our reporting form. We received your submission.

> Installation: CAVE - Direct Windows
> Version: 20.3.2-03
> Specific Menu or Resource: EDEX acess?
> pulling down data, saw that there was a new version,
>             20.3.2.0-3.  Server validation at startup fails with ""unknown
> host"" error.  Nslookup for edex-beta.unidata.ucar.edu
>             against both cloudflare and google DNS servers return
> ""Non-existent domain"".
>             Is public EDEX server access still supported?"

The version and EDEX you are referencing was our v20 beta AWIPS.  We have since
released a production version of v20.

Our latest version of CAVE is 20.3.2-2 which can be downloaded and installed
from our website:
https://unidata.github.io/awips2/install/install-cave/#windows

This connects to our public EDEX at edex-cloud.unidata.ucar.edu

Thanks.
--Shay Carter

She/Her/Hers
AWIPS Software Engineer
NSF Unidata

If you're interested, please feel free to fill out a survey about the support
you receive:
https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSeDIkdk8qUMgq8ZdM4jhP-ubJPUOr-mJMQgxInwoAWoV5QcOw/viewform