[AWIPS #XXP-823687]: Python Version Upgrade Issues

> Hi there,
>
> I recently upgraded Python from (Conda) version 3.7 to version 3.10.0 on
> the same PC that I use to run AWIPS CAVE (because MetPy requires Python 3.9
> or higher).
>
> After the upgrade, I can still run CAVE, but it crashes out when I attempt
> to do several plots (METAR Surface plots, for one example).
>
> Could this be the result of my Python upgrade, which upgraded several
> packages along with the Python version?  If so, do you have any guidance on
> the component versions that are required for AWIPS to work?  Also, is it
> possible to run CAVE and Metpy on the same PC without version conflicts?

---

> Hi again,
>
> I finally located the document stating the environment variables were no
> longer needed.  After removing them and restarting, CAVE is happy again.
>
> This ticket can be closed.  Have a great day!

Hello,

Glad you figured it out! That would have been my suggestion as well, to look at
any environment variables and making sure you have the latest CAVE installed.

Thanks,

Tiffany Meyer
AWIPS Lead Software Engineer
NSF Unidata

If you're interested, please feel free to fill out a survey about the support
you receive:
https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSeDIkdk8qUMgq8ZdM4jhP-ubJPUOr-mJMQgxInwoAWoV5QcOw/viewform

Ticket ID: XXP-823687
Department: Support AWIPS
NOTE: All email exchanges with NSF Unidata User Support are recorded in the
Unidata inquiry tracking system and then made publicly available through the
web.  If you do not want to have your interactions made available in this way,
you must let us know in each email you send to us.