[AWIPS #MHV-312997]: Models on MacOS Issue

Hi there,

> That worked.  Thank you!
> And a step further, after cleaning things up, ~/Library/Cave stuff, I then
> reinstalling
> into /Applications (dragging the .dmg icon to there) it seems to work fine
> from that location
> now too.

Just to clarify, did you have a working version of CAVE installed before the
most recent
issues started to happen?

Clearing caveData is usually one of the first steps we recommend when
encountering issues in CAVE.
I'm a bit surprised that seems to have fixed your issue, but good to know!

> Apparently a clean install requires /Users/user/Library/caveData stuff to be
> removed too.
> And this is only a problem on Macs?

Yes, clearing the cache (caveData) should be done when updating from an
existing version
of CAVE to a newer one.  Our documentation will be modified soon to reflect
this information.

--Shay Carter

She/Her/Hers
AWIPS Software Engineer
NSF Unidata

If you're interested, please feel free to fill out a survey about the support
you receive:
https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSeDIkdk8qUMgq8ZdM4jhP-ubJPUOr-mJMQgxInwoAWoV5QcOw/viewform

Ticket ID: MHV-312997
Department: Support AWIPS
NOTE: All email exchanges with NSF Unidata User Support are recorded in the
Unidata inquiry tracking system and then made publicly available through the
web.  If you do not want to have your interactions made available in this way,
you must let us know in each email you send to us.