[AWIPS #PYP-441804]: ISSUE: 20.3.1 Edex with NOAAPort

> Good Morning....We found the error causing the missing data. The supplied
> pqact.main file was missing the "-edex" on the entries. This kept the data
> from being sent to edex from LDM.

Hello,

How do you have your EDEX system set up? Do you have a single standalone EDEX
server, or a set-up more similar to the NWS, or more similar to the Unidata
distributed setup
(https://www.unidata.ucar.edu/blogs/news/entry/awips-tips-distributed-edex-architecture)?

For a standlone set-up the default pqact file should actually be
pqact.conf.priority which has all entries.

The reason you don't see the -edex flag for some of the model data is because
to improve performance, we've adjusted how we store and ingest model data. The
pqact file writes multiple grib files to a single file in a staging area (hence
the no -edex flag). There is a cronjob that should run as the awips user:

*/2 * * * * /bin/perl /awips2/ldm/dev/checkFileTime.pl
>>/awips2/ldm/dev/logs/checkFileTime.log 2>&1

So if you are not noticing the data getting into EDEX, I suggest looking at the
log file:

/awips2/ldm/dev/logs/checkFileTime.log

Can you send the output of that log to us?

Thanks,

Tiffany Meyer
AWIPS Lead Software Engineer
NSF Unidata

If you're interested, please feel free to fill out a survey about the support
you receive:
https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSeDIkdk8qUMgq8ZdM4jhP-ubJPUOr-mJMQgxInwoAWoV5QcOw/viewform

Ticket ID: PYP-441804
Department: Support AWIPS
NOTE: All email exchanges with NSF Unidata User Support are recorded in the
Unidata inquiry tracking system and then made publicly available through the
web.  If you do not want to have your interactions made available in this way,
you must let us know in each email you send to us.