[AWIPS #ZGP-732800]: plotting isentropic pressure on CAVE

Hi there,

> We have uninstalled CAVE and then installed the beta version of CAVE you sent
> us. I had to
> choose to get data from the cloud beta site.

Okay, great.  This is all the correct thing to do.

> When trying to load data from the model Volume browser it did not plot data
> and there was
> a message "Unhandled event loop exception". What should I do?
> It does plot things like current surface data.
> After closing and trying to reopen the Volume browser for model data it
> doesn't even open that
> menu now.

Can you describe exactly which data you were trying to load in the Volume
Browser when you
encountered the error?  Sometimes errors may be encountered and the program
will still render
data.  If you cannot get the Volume Browser to open at all, close CAVE and
please delete caveData
from your file system using these instructions:
http://unidata.github.io/awips2/appendix/common-problems/#windows

And then restart CAVE and open the Volume Browser.

If you could screenshot the Volume Browser when you have made all your
selections before hitting
load, using the Windows key + Shift + S, then you can send us that image as
well.

Also, if you come across the error again, please open Alert View from the CAVE
menu > Open AlertView
And then double click on the error name and the message should pop up, which
you can copy and paste
to send to us.

Sorry for these issues, hopefully we'll get everything figured out for you
shortly.
Thanks.

--Shay Carter

She/Her/Hers
AWIPS Software Engineer
UCAR - Unidata

If you're interested, please feel free to fill out a survey about the support
you receive:
https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSeDIkdk8qUMgq8ZdM4jhP-ubJPUOr-mJMQgxInwoAWoV5QcOw/viewform

Ticket ID: ZGP-732800
Department: Support AWIPS
NOTE: All email exchanges with NSF Unidata User Support are recorded in the
Unidata inquiry tracking system and then made publicly available through the
web.  If you do not want to have your interactions made available in this way,
you must let us know in each email you send to us.