[AWIPS #ASZ-854343]: Issues gaining access to EDEX

Hello,

Thanks for reaching out to us, and glad you were able to access our EDEX via
python-awips once you were no longer behind a firewall.

> Hi again,
>
> Please disregard! I tried the code while on a "personal hotspot" and it
> worked. It appears my work has placed a firewall not allowing me to access
> the server.
>
> Thank you for your time,
>
> On Sun, Jul 30, 2023 at 9:21?PM wrote:
>
> > Hi,
> >
> > I recently found out about awips-python and have started to explore using
> > it. However, I seem to be having trouble when trying to reach the EDEX
> > server. I've been following the jupyter notebook tutorials that came with
> > the source install and every time I try and run one of the examples, it
> > "times out".   For example, when I reach the "Filter by time" cell in the "
> > Colored_Surface_Temperature_Plot.ipynb
> > <http://localhost:8888/notebooks/Colored_Surface_Temperature_Plot.ipynb>"
> > example it times out on the line "response =
> > DataAccessLayer.getGeometryData(request,timerange)" (see attached
> > screenshot). This happens in every other example as well. I also tried
> > installing in my own python environment via conda install and have the same
> > issue. Has the server location changed since this tutorial has been posted?
> > Or could it perhaps be a local firewall not allowing me to access the data?
> > Thank you for your time.
Thanks,

Tiffany Meyer
AWIPS Lead Software Engineer
UCAR-Unidata

If you're interested, please feel free to fill out a survey about the support
you receive:
https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSeDIkdk8qUMgq8ZdM4jhP-ubJPUOr-mJMQgxInwoAWoV5QcOw/viewform

Ticket ID: ASZ-854343
Department: Support AWIPS