[AWIPS #HLZ-775326]: Bug Report *Mac* Version AWIPS 20.3.2-0.3

Hi there,

> I've been using the AWIPS beta on VMware Player using Centos/Linux and I
> recently switched
> over to the Mac version.  Since Apple Mac is my primary platform, thank you
> so much for
> creating this new version.
>
> The website form for reporting bugs doesn't seem to work, so I'm reporting it
> via email.

I'm sorry to hear our website link isn't working. Can you tell me if this link
works for you?
https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSf6jyZtbh49g-GCBoAQYzTVwAIf_aKz0QOeAr7gDVFhPrjAmw/viewform?usp=sf_link

> The bug in the Mac version—
>
> The Tools: Put Home Cursor command does not allow for any custom location.
> It appears that
> the options for custom location selection are not visible/cut-off in the
> dialog box (likely
> a font size issue  in the dialog box)

Okay, yes, I am able to recreate this, and this is definitely something we
should be able to fix!

> One more thing relating to font size.
> On the CENTOS-Linux version under DISPLAY OPTIONS,  selecting magnification
> of 0.8 gives
> a very pleasing size font to display values.    Under Mac OS, the default
> magnification
> of 1.0 is way too large and the 0.8 version is really too large also.
> Perhaps that can
> be fixed to a better font size?

For this one, what resource are you referring to?  The Home Location from the
previous note?
Could you please attach a screenshot of what you're seeing?

> Not bugs, but suggestions for improving usability of this version.
>
> 1 Add a Command Key Shortcut combination for Load and Save Displays.  Like
> Command-L
> Command-S

We can certainly look into this.

> 2. Increase the default dimensions of the Load and Save Displays dialog box
> so the display
> names are fully visible.

Can you send another screenshot to show what you're seeing?  To me, I can see
the full names,
but I'd like to see what it looks like for you please.

> Thank you for all your work and for making AWIPS available outside the NWS!!

Thanks for these suggestions.  I'm going to add them into our v20 reporting
form, but please
let me know if that other link at the beginning of this email works for you,
and if so, I'll
update our website.
Thank you.

--Shay Carter

She/Her/Hers
AWIPS Software Engineer
UCAR - Unidata

If you're interested, please feel free to fill out a survey about the support
you receive:
https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSeDIkdk8qUMgq8ZdM4jhP-ubJPUOr-mJMQgxInwoAWoV5QcOw/viewform

Ticket ID: HLZ-775326
Department: Support AWIPS