From: Dylan McKenzie <address@hidden>
Date: Wed, May 24, 2023 at 12:25 PM
Subject: AWIPS Plugin Development / Documentation
To: <address@hidden>

Good afternoon!

My name is Dylan McKenzie, and I'm currently an Aerographer's Mate
working with Fleet Weather Center Norfolk to try to better utilize our
AWIPS system.

I'm reaching out to try and get my foot in the door with some people
who know about / have documentation of developing plugins for CAVE /
AWIPS. As of right now I've found Unidata's tutorials really helpful
in setting up a local copy of CAVE on my pc, however now that I've got
the eclipse and all that set up, it seems to me like there's going to
be a lot of work to do trying to make sense of what's what in here. I
was hoping there were maybe some people i could talk to or further
internal documentation that Unidata has that could be useful in
developing AWIPS plugins. This is my personal email, but i can be
reached at address@hidden as well, or (904)-343-5351
outside of my normal working hours of 0800-1600. I would appreciate
any further resources that you have! None of the documentation I have
found so far really talks about any of the internal stuff that you
need to know about to make new plugins.

Very Respectfully,

AG1 (IW) McKenzie, Dylan B.