[AWIPS #WCD-406645]: Odd issue regarding AWIPS ADE and WarnGen

Hi there,

> I’m currently trying out the Unidata Beta EDEX just for testing purposes,
> though this is
> the NWS AWIPS ADE, not Unidata’s version. The error is occurring when
> starting a few other
> things such as the AlertViz bar, and while clicking Create Text on WarnGen.
> I’ll go ahead
> and try getting a local EDEX set up if that is a possible solution.

We've mentioned this briefly before, but just to re-emphasize, the Unidata
distribution and
the NWS distribution of AWIPS are fundamentally different. I would expect no
guarantee of
communication or proper functioning of AWIPS when using a mix-match of
NWS/Unidata CAVE/EDEX.
If you want AWIPS with all the NWS functionality you should be using both CAVE
and EDEX from
NWS.  And similarly, if you want all of the Unidata functionality, you should
be using both
CAVE and EDEX from Unidata.

Thanks.

--Shay Carter

She/Her/Hers
AWIPS Software Engineer
UCAR - Unidata

If you're interested, please feel free to fill out a survey about the support
you receive:
https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSeDIkdk8qUMgq8ZdM4jhP-ubJPUOr-mJMQgxInwoAWoV5QcOw/viewform

Ticket ID: WCD-406645
Department: Support AWIPS