Re: Contour Plotting of Ecological Data Using Visad

Nandita,

Please send all questions to the list rather than just
to me (answers come from lots of people).

It has been my own prejudice for years, through Vis5D
and VisAD, to not smooth contours beyond the resolution
of the underlying data. I think the straight lines in
your contours communicate valuable information to the
user, namely that the underlying data are pretty
sparse. On the other hand, VisAD was very much designed
to be extended, and it would certainly be possible to
develop classes for smoother contours. There's even an
on-line tutorial for writing custom DataRenderers. But
it would be a big job.

I am pleased and impressed that you were able to generate
an image from your data so quickly.