From: Bill Hibbard [mailto:billh@xxxxxxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Tuesday, July 19, 2005 1:03 PM
To: Hanowski, Gregory J
Cc: visad@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: RangeSlider code

Hi Greg,

You might be able to do this as follows. Construct a FlatField with
MathType:

  (whatever -> (x, y, s))

and display with ScalarMaps x -> XAxis, y -> YAxis, s -> SelectRange,
etc. Then the x and y values will be plotted, but the selection will be
based on the s values, which are not plotted. Or have I misunderstood
your question?