Re: resampling irregular sets

Hello,

this is strange. I've got a small example that runs ok. There were a handful of points. In my app, however, I have some 2000 points. Triangulation is never a problem, but the thing refuses to resample. It returns NaNs.

I've made sure the sets overlap and that the math types are the same. I'm not ruling a mistake by myself, but... Any ideas about what might be going wrong?

Thanks in advance,

Ugo

Tom Rink wrote:

Hi Ugo,

This operation is implemented, and should work.  There can
be problems sometimes with precision and coincident data
points.  If your willing to post a small program or the data to
the list we can take a look.

TomR

Ugo Taddei wrote:

Hi,

there I go again on the subject of irregular sets...

Is it possible to do something like

FlatField bigField = ...// large field with Irregular2DSet as domain set

Set smallSet = ...small irregular 2D set

FlatField smallField = (FlatField)bigField.resample( smallSet, Data.WEIGHTED_AVERAGE, Data.NO_ERRORS);

Before I had a Linear2DSet as my smallSet, and it worked fine (but "slow"). It is now returning "missing". The fields do (partially) overlap, however. I expected at least some values to return NaNs.

I'm not sure if the mistake is somewhere else or if this is not possible/implemented.

Thanks for the help,

Ugo

--
l a t / l o n  GmbH
Aennchenstrasse 19           53177 Bonn, Germany