resampling irregular sets

there I go again on the subject of irregular sets...

Is it possible to do something like

FlatField bigField = ...// large field with Irregular2DSet as domain set

Set smallSet = ...small irregular 2D set

FlatField smallField = (FlatField)bigField.resample( smallSet, Data.WEIGHTED_AVERAGE, Data.NO_ERRORS);

Before I had a Linear2DSet as my smallSet, and it worked fine (but "slow"). It is now returning "missing". The fields do (partially) overlap, however. I expected at least some values to return NaNs.

I'm not sure if the mistake is somewhere else or if this is not possible/implemented.

Thanks for the help,

l a t / l o n  GmbH
Aennchenstrasse 19           53177 Bonn, Germany
phone ++49 +228 184960       fax ++49 +228 732153