Re: Resource Leak

I found this problem because I have a timeseries plot that updates the
time axis periodically (every minute) and runs out of memory after many
hours.

I don't see the problem with Java3D version 1.1.3 but it was not a
controlled test (several differences in the environment).

For the record, I am using j2sdk1.4.0 and Java3D 1.3 on Linux and have
reproduced the leak on Windows.

Doug

Don Murray wrote:

> One more noted on this issue.  If I put a sleep of 100 ms in
> after the setRange(), I don't get the memory problem showing up.
> With 10 ms sleep, the problem persists.  To me, the interesting
> thing is how fast the memory useage creeps up.

| Doug Lindholm, Software Engineer          |  E-mail: lind@xxxxxxxx   |
| Research Applications Program             |   Phone: 303-497-8374    |
| National Center for Atmospheric Research  |                          |
| P.O. Box 3000                             |     There's no place     |
| Boulder, Colorado 80307-3000              |        like $HOME        |