Re: Resource Leak

Doug:

I echo Don's comments "that's some leak". What's interesting is that if the display (in Don's modified code) is covered up by another window, the memory starts increasing again (on Windoz). It also exhibits some interesting behaivor whilst minimized. (I'm using the -verbose:gc option to watch the GC run.)

Also, periodically, I get this exception:

java.lang.ClassCastException: javax.media.j3d.GeometryAtom
at javax.media.j3d.TransformGroupRetained.setTransform(TransformGroupRet
ained.java:161)
at javax.media.j3d.TransformGroup.setTransform(TransformGroup.java:111) at visad.java3d.DisplayRendererJ3D.setTransform3D(DisplayRendererJ3D.jav
a:1255)
at visad.java3d.ProjectionControlJ3D.setMatrix(ProjectionControlJ3D.java
:102)
at visad.java3d.DisplayRendererJ3D.setWaitFlag(DisplayRendererJ3D.java:1
377)
        at visad.DisplayImpl.doAction(DisplayImpl.java:1411)
        at visad.ActionImpl.run(ActionImpl.java:303)
        at visad.util.ThreadPool$ThreadMinnow.run(ThreadPool.java:95)

No help (sorry), just observations...

tom
--
Tom Whittaker (tomw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx)