RE: How to populate a set of isosurfaces by giving a set of (x,y,z,value)

  • To: cchen@xxxxxxxxxx
  • Subject: RE: How to populate a set of isosurfaces by giving a set of (x,y,z,value)
  • From: Curtis Rueden <curtis@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 30 Sep 2002 15:05:47 -0500
Hi Tim,

What I meant was, volume rendering at each pixel should simply be
some combination of the values for that pixel at val1, val2, etc.

So, if you combine your range components to make a new MathType:
 ( (x,y,z)->(vals) )
where vals is computed as a weighted average of val1, val2, etc.,
then map vals to Display.RGBA for volume rendering, you'll avoid
the Java3D transparency bug but still get a nice display.

-Curtis