"ScalarType : Name already used" error message during code execution

Hi,
      I have taken one of Ugo's 2-d plot examples (I think it's P3_09) and
made very minor alterations to it so it plots a 2-d line graph.  I am
is popping up and the jpg is captured from the display perfectly.  However,
at that point the JSP breaks out with a visad exception:

ScalarType : Name already used

at stevevisad.graph2d.drawmm5error.(drawmm5error.java:66)
at stevevisad.graph2d.drawmm5error.drawthegraph(drawmm5error.java:199)

I am attaching the code so the 2 line nos. above (66,199) can be referenced.  I
have checked things and I can't see where a scalartype name is already
 used, but something is
astray.  Thanks for any tips and thanks also for your prior pointers.

(See attached file: drawmm5error.java)

Steve