Re: error message when run Aeri application

I suggest we add a switch to turn those messages off. In fact, I vote to
have them off by default. The messages about promiscuous units in the
sample images.nc is a classic source of confusion for those new to
VisAD. Philosophically, I don't want libraries printing messages. If it
is important, how about throwing an Exception?

Doug

Bill Hibbard wrote:
> >  2) How can I fix the problem "unit specifications in the file not being
> > understood by the file adapter"
>
> These are just informational messages from the netCDF file
> reader. I don't think you can turn them off, so please just
> ignore them.

| Doug Lindholm, Software Engineer          |  E-mail: lind@xxxxxxxx   |
| Research Applications Program             |   Phone: 303-497-8374    |
| National Center for Atmospheric Research  |                          |
| P.O. Box 3000                             |     There's no place     |
| Boulder, Colorado 80307-3000              |        like $HOME        |