Re: Displaying data samples

  • To: Doug Lindholm <lind@xxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: Displaying data samples
  • From: phorisb@xxxxxxxxxxxx (Patrick Horisberger)
  • Date: Tue, 3 Oct 2000 17:42:33 +0200 (MET DST)

Hi everybody,

1. Displaying data samples:

Thank you very much for your response. I know, my english knowledge are
not the best, but I think that Doug has exactly understood what I meant.

I have got the function ((row, col) --> exp) which describes a twodimensional
image. Now I'd like to be able to get not only the spatial location of the
cursor but also the 'exp'-value at the speciefied location. Assumed I
would have a second function like ((row, col) -->err) showed in a second
display, would it be possible to get the 'err'-values and display it in
the upper left corner of the first display?  I think Doug's solution (see
below) is the right way, but where can I change the interaction methods or
rather where can I define what is exactly displayed in the left corner ?

2. Problems with setScaleColor() method.

I have plotted two quantities on the same x-axis. To distinguish
both functions from each other, the colors of the x-axis
are controlled by the setScaleColor() method. This works. The problem
occurs only when I'm scaling the x-axis with the setScale method.
After adding following line to my code the x-axis become white again.

exp_map.setRange(exp_min - (exp_interval / 2.0f), exp_max + (exp_interval
/ 2.0f))

Thanks

Patrick