Re: [noaaport] Question about lifted index product

Hi Gary,

As you stated, LI is a difference product so it's expected to have
both positive and negative values.  Because TempC = TempK - 273.15,
the difference between the parcel temperature and the environment
temperature will be the same in Celsius or kelvin.  Since kelvin is
the SI base unit for temperature, I believe that's why it's the unit
for the LI product here.  But since it's a difference product, you
don't need to do any conversion, you can just plot it can call it
Celsius.

Hope this helps,

-Mike

Mike Zuranski