[noaaport] Why does my NOAAport reception stink?

http://noaaport.admin.niu.edu:8025

That's as ugly as I've ever seen it, except when I was picking it up initially as a test on a 3 meter dish 3 years ago. Must be my dish, right?

http://www.opennoaaport.net:8025

An EbnO of 6.5 dropping to 5.9 every great once in a while? If this keeps up, you'll need a 20 meter SETI dish to pick the
broadcast up. What's going on?

Yes, I'm still getting all the packets. But 1 x 10 ^ -6 is below NWS reception standards, and yet, I am using a 3.7 meter dish with a better LNB than the NWS is! The NWS standard is an EbnO "above 6". But this close to 6?

E-mail: sebenste@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx                                  ***

  • Search the noaaport archives: