[netcdfgroup] error: Attempt to convert between text & numbers

Hello,

Maybe it's an easy question but as I'm sort of new in the use of those
netcdf operators, here it goes:

I have a netcdf file which I can work without any problems with ncdump,
ncks, ncview, etc...but when I try to use cdo, cdo gtc,0.5 landsea.nc
landsea01.nc, for instance, the returned message is:

"Error (cdf_get_att_double) : Attempt to convert between text & numbers"

Any idea of what's going on? Any kind of hint or suggestion is appreciated.

Thanks.

Cheers,

Helio