Re: overcoming netcdf3 limits

Hi Rob:

Could you give use case(s) where the limits are being hit?
I'd be interested in actual dimension sizes, number of variables, whether you
are using a record dimension, etc.

Robert Latham wrote:

Over in Parallel-NetCDF land we're running into users who find even
the CDF-2 file format limitations, well, limiting.

If we worked up a CDF-3 file format for parallel-netcdf (off the top
of my head, maybe a 64 bit integer instead of an unsigned 32 bit
integer could be used to describe variables), would the serial netcdf
folks be interested, or are you looking to the new netcdf-4 format to
take care of these limits?

To unsubscribe netcdfgroup, visit: