overcoming netcdf3 limits

Over in Parallel-NetCDF land we're running into users who find even
the CDF-2 file format limitations, well, limiting.

If we worked up a CDF-3 file format for parallel-netcdf (off the top
of my head, maybe a 64 bit integer instead of an unsigned 32 bit
integer could be used to describe variables), would the serial netcdf
folks be interested, or are you looking to the new netcdf-4 format to
take care of these limits?

Rob Latham

To unsubscribe netcdfgroup, visit: