Re: netcdf.inc

On Fri, 2006-01-13 at 12:09 -0500, John Evans wrote:
> On Friday 13 January 2006 10:23 am, Ed Hartnett wrote:
> > You certainly will need netcdf.inc if you want to use the Fortran API.
> >
> > I am not familiar with the debian distribution package. You could get
> > the latest netCDF from the web site, and it will (most probably) build
> > for you without problems.
> >
> > I would wonder if the netcdf.inc file is missing, is something else
> > missing?
>
> Here's a long-winded solution that ends up giving you a debian
> distribution package for netcdf with fortran support.  Worked
> on my kubuntu laptop last night, anyway.

Hi folks,

Since you've cited an RPM, I'd like to point out the netcdf package
thats included in Fedora Extras:

  http://fedora.redhat.com/
  http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/FedoraMain
  http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Extras

for Fedora Core 3 and 4.  It has the following features:

 + trivial install: "yum install netcdf netcdf-devel"

 + includes libraries compatible with both g77 (gcc 3.x which
   can be installed on Fedora Core 4 with "compat-gcc-32-g77")
   and the newer gfortran (part of gcc 4.x)

 + Fedora Extras currently ships with many helpful related
   and/or dependent packages including:
     NCO, ncview, cdo, udunits, grads, hdf, hdf5, etc.

 + the above packages are actively maintained, so if you have
   any problems please submit them to the Fedora (Red Hat)
   bugzilla at:
     https://bugzilla.redhat.com/bugzilla/index.cgi

Also, if you have any suggestions for improving Fedora support for
netcdf or any related software, please send an email.

Ed

--
Edward H. Hill III, PhD
             Cambridge, MA 02139-4307