Nicolas Wienders <wienders@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> writes:

> Dear all,
> It seems to me that the file is missing in the
> latest debian distribution package of netcdf.
> To solve this problem, is a manual installation the (a) solution?
> Is this file the same on every platform?
> Does anyone have a file for a AMD debian 32bits install?
> Thanks a lot, best regards.
> nw

You certainly will need if you want to use the Fortran API.

I am not familiar with the debian distribution package. You could get
the latest netCDF from the web site, and it will (most probably) build
for you without problems.

I would wonder if the file is missing, is something else

Good luck!

PS The file does not vary from platform to platform. It's
the same everywhere.

Ed Hartnett  -- ed@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx