Re: [ldm-users] [EXTERNAL] [BULK] Re: Synoptic data from Sweden

Just another data item regarding data from Sweden.  I had noticed over a
year ago that zero radiosonde data from Sweden was found on the LDM circuit
and asked my Unidata colleague to help investigate.  Sweden delivers only
BUFR format radiosonde, not legacy text (TAC or TEMP as it has been
called).  It took some digging but someone in NCO was able to discover the
header was missing in their pass through of the data.  Sweden's radiosonde
data resumed delivery via LDM when that action took place in the last 6
months.

There's a remote chance their bulletins might also be missing from LDM for
SYNOP data although it seems BUFR-only delivery may also be the cause.

Lastly, FYI, I made global and regional area maps of radiosonde data
locations from nearly a year of data and distinguishing BUFR sites, BUFR +
text, and text-only sites if anyone wants to see them. Just email me and I
can share those with anyone.  I updated the maps from 2022 data so any
changes since Dec 2022 are not reflected (and are not terribly likely).

Greg