Re: [galeon] The GALEON wiki and Use Cases

Hi Ben:

None of the use cases involve say getting long-time series for a region - or following an animal track's environment ( a "lagrangean" extract). The community I deal with needs to do these types of extracts, and it is precisely in these cases where I feel the OGC world has not really come to grips with.

So the use case might be " I want to compare present conditions of the upwelling regions off of the western U.S. with historical long-term trends and season variations". It is exactly these use cases that I can do well with OpeNDAP/netcdf.

-Roy