Re: [galeon] WCS CF-netCDF profile document

Hi Jon, All,

I don't know if considering profiles of extensions is just complicating the
issue though...

I think the reality of the core + extensions approach means that we will *have*
to agree on supported combinations of extensions to achieve interoperability.
i.e. agree to provide a WCS service which consists of:

Core + ExtensionA + ExtensionD and ExtensionF

So in that sense I think we need community profiles of WCS, but if it becomes
necessary to profile an individual extension (which is what I think you are
implying?), then I think the extension probably needs breaking down into
simpler more modular extensions.

i.e. I don't think we should be trying to define how to do interpolation or
subsampling within the WCS_NetCDF extension*. Interpolation should be a
separate extension.

i.e. it would be good to have this model:

Core + WCS_NetCDF + Interpolation

Rather than this one:

Core + WCS_InterpolationProfileofNetCDF

If the WCSNetCDF extension is in itself too complicated to implement (fully)
then that probably needs addressing at this stage before it becomes an official
OGC document.

Cheers,
Dom

*we're not, this was just an example!